Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Change

December 16, 2009

CHANGE


It's that time.

Time for change.

Several days ago our Superintendent broke the news to me that the budget of the District is stressed again and they are going to have to take more steps to cut expenditures. He indicated that they (the Presbytery) have decided that they will have to phase out my position, which will formally shut down at the end of January. I will have a bit more severance time than that, but the decision is made.....and made with tears and very kind affirmations.

We are not alone....our culture has literally millions of people who are entering Christmas with this uncertainty and concern. There has probably not been a season like this, where God's love can be so wonderfully shown to so many. I hope you will engage beyond the normal. It is in giving that we receiving...and in pardoning that we are pardoned.

And we are not alone....because God sees us and cares about every part of the pathway of our lives. I am not just writing this....I have had strong faith in my soul during these days to really believe this.

So....we are listening and cultivating fresh sensitivity to the Spirit of God.
We are praying.
We are journaling carefully.
We are sharing with friends (like you!).
And we are asking God to use us any way He chooses to advance the Kingdom of God through us.
Some ideas are beginning to emerge...and in due time we will most likely be able to share some with you.

Meantime...
We covet your prayers and your listening with us.
We promise to stay in touch by this means....and will open up another sight in due season when the path before us changes and developing another site becomes possible.
The many months we have shared in this manner (with 4537 hits as of this moment) have been enriching to my soul and indeed, been used by God greatly in my own life.

Feedback from many of you has kept me going....and I promise we'll keep this going into the future.

For right now, the next few days will be a big scramble with Christmas and family - and I still have to go shopping! :)

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas....remember it is not about presents...but Presence...the very Spirit of Christ showing up in your place of residence as you speak to Him, and to one another in ways that invite His love to go beyond the normal.

May you have a Christmas so full of His life that you will never forget some of what He does among you.

Thanks for being my friend!

Merry Christmas.

David

Cell: 719-339-7746

I'll be back, hopefully on the 23rd...or right after Christmas itself.

1 comment:

SL Hansen said...

Praying for you, Pastor Dave!