Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Shifting

January 21

Shifting

The last post on this blog was on January 8th! After months of one or two posts per week - totalling 54 - I dropped almost 2 weeks without an entry. I apologize to those of you who have faithfully been tuning in and finding no new entry. You have been faithful friends and your words of feedback have really been a blessing.

The reason for the lapse has been the turn of the year pressure. It is always a scramble at this time - for in just days we will be on the road with a District Sectional Tour - across Colorado and Utah. In one stretch I will be gone for 9 consecutive days. And there is a lot to do to get ready for these days.

I am not sure of the future of the blog process for me, though entering faithfully has been both a delight to me and a source of encouragement.

Here is my proposal: I will return on the week of February 25 with the tour behind me, and some time to think and pray about the way ahead on this blog. Your prayers and feedback would be invaluable to me at this time....cast your vote, offer your idea, help me decide what the future should look like. I will utilize that to figure my way along.

Meanwhile, let's stay together in prayer...and the word. I am beginning today to read Exodus and will read a few chapters a day with the target of reading the Bible through this year. If you wonder what to pray...pray in the Spirit (see I Corinthians 12-14).

These are the days of specific tour presentations - February 2,3,5,6,9,10,17,19,20,23....and often there is travel before or after these dates. Then, we hope on the 11th to fly to Texas to see Micah who is projecting to be home on leave at that time.

Looking forward to hearing from you. With you in the Spirit.

David

See you around the 25th.

1 comment:

jan said...

I can tell you now that I would really miss your blog site, but will be praying for you to know the direction you should take with it. Have a great time with Micah! Jan