Saturday, February 12, 2011

Valentines Day

Valentines Day 2011


Lots of responses possible to this day.

Here are a few of the worst responses that come to mind:

The grinch response:
Ah this day is just to get people buying things...spending money. She knows I love her. Our love is not based on what you buy anyway...(so I'll ignore this opportunity to bless her).

The begrudging response:
Well, we'll do something on Monday, I guess. Better not stir up the negative. (And, after all, that will probably save having to do something special for a long time.)

The "get er done" response:
I'll go get her something and be done with it.


And here are some good responses:

The this-is-a-great-opportunity response:
I'll be creative with this, and make sure that in some way I really say, I love you. I'll express my love to her in a personal and real manner.

The wake-up-and-smell-the-perfume response:
I'll use this day to remind me that very frequently I need to convey my heartfelt love to my partner and friend. It is in giving (freely and lavishly) that the return of love is made possible.

Hey, guys, this is a friendly poke.

Make sure you don't squander this (albeit-commercial-social-custom), and instead of winning on this occasion, actually loose points with your mate. Go for it. Express your love meaningfully. Surprise her with your thoughtfulness. Take time to express and nurture love, one of the greatest qualities God puts in us, and to sow blessing into the second most important relationship of your life.

"So this is my prayer: that your love will flourish and that you will not only love much but well. Live a lover's life..."
Philippians 1:9f - The Message

Happy Valentines!

No comments: