Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Warfare

February 2 2010

WARFARE

We are in a cosmic warfare...unseen most of the time...but experienced frequently.

One bit of evidence is the battle so many face for health. On one side, an enemy inflicts - seeking to "kill and destroy."

While, on the other side, Jesus, offers "life" and the consequent health that often ensues with it.

One of the most common signs of the warfare when Jesus was on the earth was the continual crying out of people, in a rage or desperation....and the continual work of Him to bring them health. In some cases all who came to Him were healed.

He dispatched those who followed Him closely to heal and speak the truth - the gospel - to people everywhere. And James, one of His chief leaders, simply said, "lay hands one the sick and they will recover."

In many churches, that truth is being rediscovered.

For instance, this last Sunday, someone came bringing a written testimony in hand.

Here it is, in their own words.

"I was born breached and was not expected to live, as my oxygen had been cut off. I didn't start walking until I was about 18 months old and have always walked with a limp. My mother never took me to a doctor until I was 16, when I couldn't move my legs and get out of bed.
I have been in pain all my life and the doctors said I would be on a pain pump the rest of my life. I have had a morphine pain pump for 10 years and have taken morphine orally for approximately 10 years which makes it 20 years of morphine.
On Saturday, January 24, I went to church to attend the First Love worship time.
I heard the Lord talking to me.
He told me to get down on my knees and I haven't done that in a long time.
I worshipped and praised the Lord but never on my knees.
I wasn't able to get on my knees as when I did I wouldn't be able to get up and also had a lot of pain to go along with it.
I resisted doing it and the Lord told me once again to get on my knees.
I got down on my knees and started listening to God and then I saw Jesus in all his majesty.
He was standing there with His hands outstreched to me and I entered into his presence. And He simply held me.
Nothing was said between us but I could feel His warmth coming into me.
When I started to get up, I felt a grinding in my knee and didn't think much of it. I was able to stand up alone.
There wasn't anyone helping me.
The first thing I noticed is I was standing straight, my knee was not bent like it always was before.
The Lord has taken away all my pain and I no longer need the medication.
This is the first time in my life I have been without pain.
Praise God for what He has done for me.
The doctors have turned off the pain pump completely and I am completely pain free."
--Ingrid Duran

May each of us recognize the war....and be on Jesus side daily.

Selah...

David

No comments: