Friday, April 23, 2010

Sweet 16

We awoke this morning to gently falling snow....
on the 23rd day of April.
Sighs of relief that we didn't buy those bedding plants.

Ah...a bit of hot coffee seems great.

So...it is sweet 16 today.

Can it be that many years ago that we all dressed up....all 7 of us for day one of the blending of families? Can it be that she really trusted that I would be a good dad to her three? (The greatest trust I probably will ever be given.)

She was radiant (the flowing dress was just ribbon to her countenance)...and gorgeous...and magnetic in her joy.

Still is.

I knew then very little about her then...it had only been 6 months since we met....and up till this day of our first wedding (we had two one in Salt Lake and one in Lincoln)- till today, we had lived so far apart. We walk by faith...and by sight, right? :)

But she stepped into a whirlwind kind of life....and was unflappable....generous with hugs and smiles and comments that brought laughter to the surface. And she spoke better than I the first time she took the pulpit with me.

Great in the kitchen....and in other places. :)

My wife.

She's wonderful....courageous, adapatable, committed like wild to the family. (And it often is just that - wild.)

Enduring and a bright light in a very complex workplace.

And now, 16 years later, I have a lot less hair, and a lot more wisdom.
And I would choose her still.
Wouldn't take a magic time in Israel to bring that on.

Thanks, Jackie for being my wife...the mother to OUR five and glue to the family that now numbers 21 - including one in "wraps," and one in His arms.
So it is a very good day...with falling snow...and time with my very best friend.

And, just think...the best is yet to come!
Sweet 16 indeed.

Jackie...I love you -

David

1 comment:

Papa D said...

Thank you Dave & Jackie for the life you live and for the quality of the life that you live and for the great reflection of Jesus Christ and family in the life you live!!!