Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Honey

Tuesday, May 4


Back from a weekend in Cortez yesterday evening.

A wonderful time with some hungry folks.

Sunday morning and evening (!) services.

In the evening I was given a long time to teach (:90) and felt a real annointing as I did so across several key themes...no notes, and only a tiny white board to use as illustration.

As I did, I watched people transform...faces from weary to fresh, countenances from tired to "more"...and when the opportunity came, questions and insights. And I realized too that at the end of the day I was not spent either....but energized.

What a wonderful time.

Reminded me of Ezekiel 3 - "Then he said to me, 'Son of man, eat this scroll I am giving you and fill your stomach with it.' So I ate it, and it tasted as sweet as honey in my mouth."

Ah, God's spun honey...the elixir of Life...the living word of God.

The entry of the word of God into us, brings such life, and purpose and even energy. Ah, not too much happens when we read just to "get er done for the day" - but when we read with aha in our hearts, wow, what happens then!

May your path in the word be rich and real. May your heart be on a ceaseless treasure quest....and may your discoveries in it be like the glow of fireflies on a dark night.

Selah..

David

No comments: