Wednesday, August 6, 2008

WAITING
August 6 - noon

Just got a call.
"I'll be there in 15 minutes."
So I am waiting.

Just got back from an appointment. Starbucks. 10:15
"Sorry. I am just leaving." He got there :45 minutes late.
Waiting.

Lots of minutes in every day are spent that way.
Waiting for the plane.
Waiting for the mail.
Waiting for the food.
Waiting for the call.
Waiting for the light to turn green.
Waiting.

I've tried to become a bit creative with waiting.
1. Always carry something with me to record ideas, summaries, to dos.
2. Turn waiting into a mini prayer meeting.
3. Look to engage someone nearby in conversation.
4. Eat now...so you don't have to eat later - while you are waiting.
5. Read.
6. Do not let waiting turn into tension, or at worst even anger. (I've come to understand that God's sovreignty can touch even my schedule. )

In fact, somewhere He prompted someone (who must have needed it, like us) to write it down for all generations to have as wisdom. "Those who wait upon the Lord, will renew their strength. They will mount up....the will run....and they will walk." And sometimes it just is so much easier to keep running than to walk...also a form of tacit waiting.

Well, Ive got to run. Just got a call (really) from my wife to eat lunch. And I'd better not keep her waiting. :)

Dave

1 comment:

Sarah Yeackley said...

Thanks for the reminder Dad. I lack patience in so many areas. It is good to be reminded now and then. Love you!

Sarah